Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby Josiah


Josiah Thomas Sterling was always a force of nature. Before he was born I knew that this baby was different and very special. That is why his name is Josiah as it describes how I felt about him during pregnancy.  When he was born he was unstoppable. I literally could not stop him from coming and he came to this planet with great ease. He picked up nursing right away and was an angel baby during sleepy time. If you had the pleasure of holding this child he would slowly and gently get you to fall asleep with him. So calming and peaceful was he. I don't know any other way to describe it other than the fact that utter peace just exuded from him. I will never forget his first smile and how his whole face just lit up  the whole room. I remember thinking that his teeth would change that about him. I was wrong. When his teeth came in they just accented his sparkle smile. What a charmer he learned to be. Watching Elijah and Naomi like a hawk he learned how to walk quickly. Even though he was too small to play with them he always wanted to join in the game head first. Now that he is in his terrible two's he is....well....terrible. However I will cherish that first year he and I shared of absolute bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment