Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby Naomi Rose

Samuel and I knew that we were having a girl before they told us. Sam knew because he just knows. I knew because I was craving nothing but sweets. Which makes sense because she is a sweet little girl!
On the day that miss Naomi was born I was elated. I could not wait to see my baby girl. She had some trouble on her way out though. Her umbilical chord was wrapped around her neck a couple of times so everytime I pushed she was being choked. They got her out quickly, showed her to me and then took her away immediately.  She turned blue and they worked passionately to bring her to a healthy pink again. They succeeded. However every child that goes through this type of trauma has to stay in the Nicu and so I was not able to nurse her for her first few days on this planet. I went home without her and came back as often as was humanly possible. To look at her now you never would have thought that as a new born she had all kinds of tubes going down her throat. The day she was able to go home my joy was immense. I was so happy to have my little "Mini Me".



No comments:

Post a Comment