Friday, August 10, 2012

California Here I Come!


We left Houston, Texas for Fresno, California on Thursday June 21st. There are no words in the world that can adequately explain the dire need that my mind body and soul needed to be in Fresno California my home my town of 28 years. After having my 4 lovely children in five years I was depleted of all strength and my nerves were so wrecked I openly needed anxiety medication to survive even the dullest of days. My Husbands family is wonderful but nothing compares to the comforting sights, smells and sounds of home. 
So off we went all six of us in the mini van for 27 hours on our journey of 1,748 miles.


Almost there. Phoenix was so different than I imagined. Actually so were west Texas, and  New Mexico. 
El Paso for example is almost a different country. No.... really it is!  
When you look south of I-10 you see Mexico. Crazy!


Anyone in Cali knows when you see these you are home! I love the way I felt when I saw them coming into SoCal. Not too far was Los Angeles. They were a sight for sore eyes.




And then finally my Parents house. 
On Friday at noon, two vomit messes to clean, 
several "I got to go pee" stops on the side of the freeway, 
 too many snacks/fast food and camp fire songs we finally made it!




No comments:

Post a Comment